Saturday 21 July 2012

Atelier Swarovski Diana Vreeland collection

It has been a few weeks since I posted. I have started a new job and to say it is manic is an understatement. I get home and I collapse on my bed. Over the last few weeks I have been going to lots of Christmas in July events which takes up my evenings so I have lots to write about and I am back with a bang with this amazing collection from Atelier Swarovski. Atelier Swarovski have announced the Diana Vreeland Legacy collection which is inspired by and honors the lady herself.
.




In case the name does not ring a bell, Diana Vreeland was known as the ‘Empress of Fashion’ and some say Coco Chanel and Diana Vreeland were the 2 most influential people in fashion in the 20th Century. She began as Harper Bazaar’s fashion editor in 1936 and became renowned for her ’Why don’t you?’ column. She wanted to inspire people to live their dreams and believe they can do anything. After 25 years at Bazaar, Vreeland became Editor-in-chief at American Vogue and she is responsible for making it into the Vogue we know today. Back in early 1960, Vogue was not the no.1 fashion magazine, would you believe? When Vreeland took over she transformed it into the bible we have with articles and fashion which feel relevant even today.  She had many celebrity fans, for example, Jackie O asked her what to wear to the inaugural ball.
To celebrate Diana Vreeland, Atelier Swarovski have produced a jewellery collection inspired by her. The collection launches in September 2012 and has bold resin cuffs, the most amazing crystal gilet and luxurious necklaces. My favourite piece has to be the crystal gilet. It would be perfect on a night out with a dress, maybe even the Christmas party? The collection is full of large statement pieces to complement an outfit.
I was listening to a talk about given by her grandson, Alexander Vreeland and I have to admit she was an amazing woman and left feeling very inspired and motivated. He was telling stories of when he was a child and little facts about Diana Vreeland.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I think you have an amazing blog. :) thanks a lot for the share..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Glamorous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig