Thursday 23 June 2011

Primers: Smashbox vs Laura Mercier

Primers have become big business and an essential part of makeup bags. We have all been there, halfway through a hot day and your foundation has melted clean off. A primer can help your make up last longer and look smoother. I got to chance try primers from Smashbox and Laura Mercier. So I put them to the test.



I tried Smashbox's Photo Finish Colour Correcting Primer in the balance shade. It has a purple colour to it and it is meant to brighten dull skin. I am a little acne prone and always looking for a brightening product as I love that glowing look. The first thing I noticed was the velvet feel it gives to the skin. It feels amazing. The formula is oil-free so it will not clog up the pores. You need to blend this in very well to not end up looking like a purple alien. The foundation applied smoother than without the primer. Did it brighten up the skin? I could not see any considerable difference but it did it's job as a primer.

Second is Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer. It is more creamy than Smashbox and gives a more dewy look while Smashbox is more matte. A primer is one of Laura Mercier's 4 steps to a 'flawless face'. It contains vitamins A, C and E to act as antioxidants. I found that my foundation stayed on for longer when using the Laura Mercier Primer. A really good tip I found with a primer is to put it in the fridge and when you are ready to use it, your skin will feel cool and refreshed. With summer coming up, I am not going to argue with that!

The Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Primer is £30 and available in Debenhams, QVC and www.salonskincare.co.uk. The Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is £28 and you can buy it most department stores.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Glamorous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig