Tuesday 20 September 2011

September GlossyBox

For a few months, I have been hearing a lot about GlossyBox. The good, the bad, ups and downs. Well if you have been locked a cave for the past few months, GlossyBox is the UK's answer to BirchBox. It is a subscription service where you get 5 samples every month for £12.95. So I dived in and here are my goodies...



What I like about the new beauty subscription is you get to try brands you have never heard of. One bone of contention I have hear about constantly is are the products actually luxury and are they worth it? Looking at brands that have been featured in previous boxes, I would say 99% products are luxury. Previous brands have been NARS, Illamasqua, Ciate and Weleda. You get products for skincare, makeup, haircare, bath and perfume so there is something for everyone. If I get one non-luxury product every few months, am I really going to complain if the the other products are amazing? There is a theme every month. So in summer you will more products to glow and for tanning. This month's theme is 5 Future Classics. Some of these I definitely will be buying again and will be in my box of tricks.

It is worth noting that as it is £12.95, not every product will be full-sized. I know, I know, but why not? Well look at the HD Brows Palette in this month's box. It costs £19.99 alone. The HD Brows has to be my favourite out of this month's box. The perfect tool to create the smoky eye!
HD Brows Palette swatched

Other products include Neal Wolf Glow for super shiny hair, Plum by Mary Greenwell perfume sample (subtle but nice scent), Deep Sea Magik Salt Brushing (can't wait to try this) and Moa Green Balm. Apparently the Moa Green Balm is a healing balm and has a lot of uses which I will investigate more.

Now there are other beauty boxes available. I am receiving my first Feelunique Beauty Box next month so it will be interesting to compare the two. Overall, I like the quality of products in GlossyBox. The only downside is you pay postage & packaging whereas the competitors give free P&P. Let's be honest, it is still a good deal!

Now if they could put Benefit or Bare Escentuals in there for next month, I will be a very happy bunny!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Glamorous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig