Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Journey

Over a course of about two years I slowly put on a lot of weight. As my clothes gradually stopped fitting me, one by one, the more depressed I came. So at the beginning if this year I got a new job and a new lease on life. I was more settled than ever before and I felt I could concentrate on losing this weight. So this is my journey to being glamorous.

 image : http://balanceinme.com/


I made a New Year's resolution which has been hard to keep but have maintained. I am now working on not being on a diet but incorporating a healthy lifestyle everyday so I do not feel deprived. I am now stepping up my workouts and training at a more intense level. I love interval training. I find it shocks the system and provides results.

Porridge for breakfast for keeping the hunger at bay. I take my lunch in with me to work everyday. I make a mix of vegetables and light chicken. I have to confess I always get an attack around 3.00pm where I am drawn to the vending machines full of tasty goodies. I am quite proud of myself how I managed to wean myself off them. I have gone from having at least 2 chocolate bars to none. I took a bowl and left it on my desk  and regularly fill it with fruit. So now when the munchies attack, I have fruit staring at me.

So far so good! My skin looks clearer as I drink water by the gallon. My BMI and lean mass is decreasing (not as fast as I would like but hey).

Anyway, I had a marathon session of watching The Biggest Loser (does anyone watch it?) and I feel completely inspired to write and share this. The London Marathon  was also this weekend so it inspired to me go for a run yesterday.

This is about the time where people lose their enthusiasm for the gym and stop going after having signed up the New Year. I really just want to say do not give up! It's hard, I know, but it is more than worth it. The weather is heating up and time to show off all your hard work. I am a firm believer of anything worth having, is worth fighting for.

Are you working towards a healthy lifestyle? Tell me your tips in the comments. I would love to hear!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Glamorous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig